Serves 4 (double for leftovers)
6 zucchini, spiralized into zoodles
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 bunch asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1 cup baby bella mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
Ground black pepper to taste
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Using a spiralizer create zucchini spaghetti.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, salt and pepper and cook the chicken until fully cooked through. Place in bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate pot, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add zucchini noodles and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until zucchini noodles are tender but still retain some crunch.
4. Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes so that they can release all of the moisture. Transfer noodles to a colander and drain the excess water.
5. In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in add add tomatoes, garlic, asparagus and baby bella mushrooms to the pan and simmer on low for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are cooked and the vegetables are cooked through. Add more oil if needed.
6. In a small bowl combine lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
7. Add zoodles to the pan alongside the chicken, lemon juice and vegetable mixture.
8. Stir until everything is combined and heated through. Sprinkle with basil and red pepper flakes and enjoy!